I am a PhD candidate in Philosophy at The Graduate Center of the City University of New York and currently teaching Philosophy at both Baruch College (CUNY) and the Fashion Institute of Technology (SUNY). This is my personal website and is, along with a great many things, a work in progress.
My primary areas of research interest are Business Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Socially Responsible Investing. I am also interested in Bayesianism, the Monty Hall Problem, Nietzsche, Aesthetics, Political Philosophy, Environmental Ethics, and – naturally – Philosophy of Science & Technology. Those are just the first few off a list that extends to – essentially – all things in, of, and about this world.
On this site you can currently access my CV and Résumé, and both can be downloaded as PDFs. However, please contact me for additional contact details and references, which I do not feel comfortable posting for all the bots to trawl.
In lieu of trying to create my own pages here to satisfy the various functions that I envision should be part of a personal website, instead I have chosen to embrace the principle of the division of labor. I therefore use different free social media services to express the many ways in which I am me. Please connect with me on all, none or one (but never two…), as you see fit. These are:
- Academia.edu – Academic professional network. A resource to use to follow the publications and work of contemporary scholars.
- Facebook – I use this for personal use only and thus restrict access. In other words, please do not take it too badly if I decline becoming your ‘friend’.
- Google+ – I’m still trying to decipher this one’s usefulness which means it is currently in the pre-useful stage.
- LinkedIn – Professional network of colleagues, friends and students.
- Pinterest – Peruse or follow my boards, each of which offers a thematic collection of my own photos or of images from around the web that I have gathered together. Some of my boards are: Philosophers, Books Worth Reading, Philosophy Quotes, Favorite Places, Spaces and Moments, Favorite Works of Art (broadly construed), Philosophy Theories & Concepts, Philosophy Humor, and Uncategorized (hello irony).
- Twitter – Speaks for itself (and, in my case, it speaks to the right on this homepage in a feed). Follow me for updates on subjects of particular interest to me in my research. And, of course, an occasional joke I’m sure.
Lastly, if you have been a student of mine, please don’t hesitate to drop me a line and let me know what good things you are up to. Or, if you feel so compelled, what bad things you are up to – though I hope not much of that.
Best regards to all and thanks for visiting.